Fitness apps have become the norm in today’s modernised world, with more and more people discovering the benefits of following personalised exercise regimes. Multiple fitness companies across the globe are adapting to this technological advancement, and Bowflex is, too, with its innovative JRNY app.
Table of Contents:
- JRNY App Overview
- What Is JRNY App
- Features of the Bowflex JRNY App
- JRNY App Costs
- What is the JRNY Membership?
- Pros and Cons of Using the JRNY App
This JRNY app review delves into all you need to know about this app, what users are saying, and whether it’s the right fit for you. Let’s dive in.
Rundown of the JRNY App
|Available On||App Store and Google Play Store|
|Cost||$19.99 per month or $149.99 per year|
|Features||Fitness assessment Workout coaching Third-party streaming Workout adaptation Celebration and rewards Virtual access to tourist locations around the globe|
What is the JRNY App?
JRNY is a personalised fitness app that offers real-time coaching, on-demand classes, and tailored workouts for fitness lovers. The app’s digital fitness services calculate a user’s fitness level and recommend workouts depending on their capabilities, goals, mood, available time, and workout experiences.
Users are free to follow one routine or discover something tailored and new at the end of each week. No matter their JRNY subscription, this digital fitness service app keeps users on the path to a healthy life.
Features of the Bowflex JRNY App
As of 14 January 2023, the Bowflex JRNY app boasts a high rating of 4.6 out of 5 on the Apple App Store and 4.1 out of 5 on the Google Play Store. This high popularity is primarily because of its multiple innovative features. All of these features use Bluetooth to connect to whichever equipment you use.
JRNY endeavours to meet your fitness goals by allowing you to measure and keep track of your fitness, whether you’re a fitness expert or a beginner.
It then uses the data from your fitness evaluation to chalk out suitable workouts that can satisfy your fitness level. This way, experts get challenging workouts, whereas beginners get easy-to-handle workouts that can build their stamina.
According to the JRNY app’s reviews, one of its best features is its adaptive workouts. This means that the workouts do not remain the same for you over time; they adapt to your performance and get subtly harder along the way.
Thus, the app does not have beginners running marathons on their first day but rather eases them into exercise and enhances their progress over time.
JRNY functions on the human body’s natural adaptation instincts and eliminates needing a personal fitness trainer to devise workouts for you. A workout that adapts to you proves highly beneficial in attaining your fitness goals in the long run.
JRNY provides its users with virtual coaching that coaxes them through a personalised workout plan. Users can also view trainer-led informative videos on their tablets or touchscreens and other educational materials to help them work out more effectively. All this content is personalised through the Bowflex equipment.
Explore the World While Exercising
Through this app, users can exercise in more than 40 tourist destinations around the globe. These destinations are carefully chosen and represent beautiful places that you might not be able to visit in real life but can during exercise.
Your workout statistics remain in view all the time at the bottom, and picturesque views of these destinations take over the rest of the screen. The speed at which you visit these destinations matches your speed while exercising.
The faster you go on your Bowflex equipment, the faster the screen moves. Such features make a JRNY subscription a must-have.
Celebrations and Rewards
Users who complete a milestone on the JRNY app get a reward to encourage their progress. Regardless of the type of exercise, this great little feature praises users and motivates them to continue by giving them a sense of accomplishment.
Stream Entertainment of your Choice
Users with a touchscreen on their Bowflex equipment – such as the advanced treadmill versions – can stream online content while exercising, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and Disney+.
You can also enjoy curated playlists through Bowflex radio, another innovative feature that corroborates the efficiency and investment of Bowflex fitness equipment. Thus, JRNY membership holders can make their workouts entertaining and fun by keeping themselves occupied with several entertainment forms.
Bowflex prides itself on its continuous investment in the app to update it regularly. These updates have upgraded tourist destinations from 25 to 40 and have allowed users to track their fitness goals even better.
JRNY claims to take user feedback very seriously and consistently makes improvements and additions to the app. These features also justify the JRNY membership cost. Since Bowflex pays critical attention to its equipment upgrades, it is only natural to adopt a similar policy toward its app, which is a fundamental part of its equipment usage.
2 Month Free Trial
All Bowflex fitness equipment comes with a free trial of the app, which is perfect for users who wish to see if it works for them. All you need to do is send your personal information to redeem your free trial and make your Bowflex equipment purchase even more fun and motivating.
You can cancel your JRNY subscription within 48 hours of the two months if you do not want to be charged. Although your Bowflex equipment would work well with other applications, they might not work on the touchscreens. You may need your own tablet to navigate the apps, which may prove a hassle.
JRNY members can enjoy the following features:
- Unlimited user profiles on all products, excluding the Max Trainer M6 (with two profiles) and the M8 (with four user profiles).
- Streaming from preloaded applications such as Hulu or Netflix.
- Access to JRNY content on the Bowflex mobile application and equipment.
- Easy cancellation.
JRNY Subscription Cost
A monthly JRNY subscription costs $19.99, and a yearly subscription costs $149.99, making it $89 cheaper than the monthly price. As discussed, the app also offers a 60-day free trial if you want to check its usability.
You can get started with your JRNY app by signing up and choosing a monthly or yearly subscription. All JRNY subscriptions renew automatically, but users can cancel them anytime.
What is the JRNY Membership?
The JRNY membership offers untethered access to the innovative features mentioned above, tilting the tables in favour of JRNY compared to its competitors, such as Peloton and iFIT. It is a suitable fit for:
- Users who stream content from third-party applications when using their home fitness equipment.
- Home fitness lovers who have or are looking to buy Bowflex equipment.
- Users who require personalised workouts according to their fitness goals and levels.
- Households with several users who want a fitness app to use with their fitness equipment.
- Athletes interested in exploring outdoor locations without their instructors.
- Users who wish to stream entertainment directly from their equipment or screen.
The JRNY App’s Pros and Cons
- Allows users seamless streaming from preloaded apps like Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max while working on Bowflex equipment with touchscreens.
- Offers pre-programmed workouts that satisfy a user’s fitness levels. They are based on their assessment test and are adjustable according to progress.
- Allows access to over 50 picturesque views worldwide, some of which are led by an instructor’s voice. Users can view them with a pre-programmed workout or during the manual mode.
- Provides on-demand trainer-led indoor studio classes on the mat and Bowflex training equipment.
- Allows connection through third-party mobile applications such as Peloton or Zwift with your tablet or phone.
- Live classes are not available.
- Users must pick music from preselected genre playlists as it is not generated during classes.
- Users must buy the app, which is only free for the first two months.
Fitness apps are becoming the talk of the town, and the JRNY app is among those that top the public opinion list. With its innovative features, the JRNY app elevates exercise from its usual thresholds, letting it move beyond the borders of entertainment.
JRNY’s pre-made and personalised workout plans are one of the biggest attractions for users. Although some users complain that their connection gets interrupted, it is safe to say that JRNY is a good choice for a healthy lifestyle.